Saturday, November 7, 2009

Top Ten Items That Do Not Count As Christmas Gifts!


My boyfriend and I are having that classic discussion about what constitutes a gift for the holidays. Christmas is right around the corner and I am having a hard time buying for him. So I "subtly" have asked him what the heck he wants for Christmas. Subtle right? So he starts naming off stuff that I would consider "household" items. Must be a guy thing. So I guess it's okay to buy that stuff for your guy but us girls aren't that simple. Here are the top ten items you do NOT buy for your girlfriend, wife, or mother unless she specifically asks for it:

1. Lawnmower
2. Blender
3. Weedwacker
4. Tool Shed
5. Clothes Washer & Dryer
6. Vacuum Cleaner
7. Ultra Sonic Toothbrush
8. Rake or Hoe or Wheelbarrow
9. Dishwasher (Peggy and I are arguing about this one)
10. Leaf Blower
11. Armorall and Shammies
12. Gun Rack for the family van
13. Gardon Hose
14. Singing toilet seat
15. Subscription to hunting magazine
16. Snuggie
17. Toaster Coazie
18. Gift certificate to the hardware store

Okay, so we got a little carried away! Peggy and I have been laughing the whole time while making this list! So, we have started discussing if furniture should go on this list or not and we decided no. Women like to have nice furniture and getting high end furniture as a gift for their home is a great idea. Especially furniture that lasts and will be handed down for generations. Our furniture is like that here at Vermont Woods Studios and makes great holiday gifts. Whether you celebrate Hanukkah or Christmas, luxury furniture makes a great holiday gift. We have made it simple for you to find great luxury Christmas and holiday gift ideas. Okay girls, please add to our list above and tell us what "interesting" gifts you have received from your man. Let's see who comes up with the best (or should I say worst) one.

Enjoy!


Rebecca :)

3 comments:

  1. Last year I asked for an ipod, and got bath towels! One year, now this is from the whole family,I got 7 pairs of pajamas!!!!! Think they were trying to tell me something???? I'm still asking for the ipod...maybe this year!
    Maybe you could talk to John for me Rebecca....
    Cindy Mears

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it Cindy! You let me know what you want and I will have a talk with him! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will let Cindy know what I want and she can tell you ;)

    ReplyDelete