Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chic Modern Furniture Made in Vermont? No Way!

Being what Peggy calls a chi-chi South Florida girl, I had a preconcieved notion that artisans from Vermont only do "country" furniture.  Yes, I was raised in Vermont but have been "citified" and hadn't really seen the proof for myself.  Well, here it is.  I have seen a lot of these pieces myself and fell in love with the artistry and the extreme details with this furniture.  Literally, when I walk up to this furniture I cannot help but run my hands along the wood surfaces.  The wood is finished so finely that it feels so amazingly wonderful under the fingertips.  The only way for me to describe it is the wood "comes to life" under your touch and feels like "skin", smooth and velvety.  Here are some examples of fine Vermont furnishings:
















So, if you think that all Vermont is just good for is colorful leaves and maple syrup, think again.  This furniture is chic, modern and totally hip!

Enjoy!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment