Tuesday, November 3, 2009

There Was Global Warming BEFORE Humans? Gasp!


Okay, I am going to say it. I do not believe that we humans are the source of global warming. I just have taken all this propoganda with a grain of salt and do not believe that we can affect our world as much as we think. I think it's similar to the notion of years ago when our ancestors thought that the earth was the center of the universe. Everybody said so! The notion that we can affect our planet this greatly makes me think of that attitude...that we are larger and more important than we actually are. Can we stop or affect hurricanes, tornadoes, typhoons or just something as simple as the rain....no, so why do we think we can heat or cool the entire planet?

I definitely believe that we are affecting our planet in horrible ways but that we are the cause of the earth warming up, to actually alter the entire atmosphere, I think is ridiculous. I think that all the things that we do to help the planet are GOOD, and I dont think that it should stop. But, there were thousands of years without trees, no polar ice caps, ocean levels hundreds of feet higher than they are now and these were all things that happened a long time before there were humans (see chart above). There seem to be so many things that effect the atmosphere, how can the scientists really know that it is us. The minute a scientist gets all his facts something has changed...hello, any New Englander will tell you that if you dont like the weather, wait a minute, it will change. So, I fully expect to have tons of facts thrown at me from this posting and relish the thought....but just think about what I have said.

Have eco fun!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment