Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Brad Pitt Unveils a Floating House | Make It Right Foundation


Yes, I know, I am blogging about Brad Pitt again but you have GOT to read this story. Brad Pitt's Make is Right Foundation has built a floating house, YES, you heard me right, a floating house in the Lower Ninth Ward of New Orleans. This is all according to a great blog about it on Inhabitat.com. The house will float on two posts up to 12 feet to ensure it doesnt get flooded. The floating house also has a battery supply that will help the family within to survive for up to three days. It really is a cool idea. I went through Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Wilma while living in South Florida and was wondering what would happen if the storm surge ever reached the status of what happened in New Orleans. This is a great answer to the issue in New Orleans. Good job again Brad! Hey, now how about using sustainable furniture from Vermont Woods Studio (shamless plug, yes, I know) inside these houses? I really need Brads phone number to have a talk with him about this. :)

Have Eco Fun!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment