Monday, September 6, 2010

Beautiful Solid Wood Walnut Furniture

I have blogged about walnut furniture before and how the wood is so rare and beautiful.  But, until recently I had never really seen a lot of the finished product.  Last week I traveled to two of our craftamen's workshops and saw some of their walnut items and I fell in love with walnut wood furniture.  Solid wood walnut furniture is just so gorgeous! I saw the item pictured here and just gasped. It was so beautiful and the picture here does not do it justice.  This is our Classic Shaker Large Buffet and Hutch done in walnut and it is breathtaking.  The walnut wood that made this piece was harvested from a sustainable forest so as to not destroy what walnut trees we have left.  Most walnut trees were destroyed in the early American years almost depleting the supply hence the premium price for the wood.  The craftsmen who make this hutch and buffet live and work here in Vermont and practice eco-friendly practices in their workshop.  So, now that I am such a fan of walnut furniture you will be seeing more pieces here in this blog.

Sorry, but if you dont like walnut....why not tell me what is your favorite wood?

Enjoy!

Rebecca
Vermont Woods Studios Furniture

1 comment:

  1. I like your article and is very interesting, also the design of the walnut furniture is awesome. I liked it very much.
    Office screens

    ReplyDelete